Contact Bessemer VFW – 906 667-0812
Join the fun in the Geocache Dash! Follow the clues and find caches around Bessemer.
OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES
TO PLAY THE BESSEMER GEOCACHE DASH:
- Enter the co-ordinates for the geocaches (listed during “Bessemer Blast”) into a GPS tracking unit
OR TRY JUST USING THE CLUES
- Find the container (geocache) hidden at or near the co-ordinates given
- PLEASE try not to damage the hiding spot or give the spot away to others
- Take only ONE drawing entry card per player from each geocache
- REHIDE the container JUST AS YOU FOUND IT – for the next player to find.
- DO NOT move the container.
- Fill out contact info on the back of each entry card
- Return entry cards to the drawing box at:
Bessemer Dairy Queen BY 2:00 PM CDT on July 4th
A Drawing for prizes donated by local businesses will be held. Winners will be contacted and arrangements will be made for prize pick up/delivery.
WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED
- ONLY ONE entry card per person per geocache is allowed. Multiples are disqualified.
- Entry card must be filled out by each player entering the drawing.
- NO gathering or submitting entry cards for others. (it lessens YOUR chances of winning!)
PLEASE REPORT missing or empty geocaches immediately to
SCOTT POSPECK (906) 663-2018
Check out geocaching.com for more info on geocaching WORLDWIDE!
Get your card stamped at bars across town. Finish at the Pit Stop to deal one card for every stamp. Winners announced at midnight for $100 nightly prize.
50/50 Ticket sales start June 25 and run until July 4 at 7pm when the parade starts.
To purchase 50/50 tickets look around Bessemer for 50/50 ticket sellers in the red shirts or stop by the tent in Bessemer VFW Lot on US2. Tickets are sold for $1 and the prize is split with 50% going to a winner and the other 50% supporting the Bessemer 4th of July.
- June 25 – July 4 7:00PM
- 7:15PM July 4
Winning Numbers Will Be Announced in the Following Places:
- Last Float in the Parade
- On the website bessemer4th.com by the following day
- Bessemer 4th of July Facebook
- Bessemer 4th of July Mobile App
- Ironwood Daily Globe & Wakefield News/Bessemer Pick & Axe
- Local Business Billboards
To Claim Prize:
- Call Mark at 906-364-0420 or the Gogebic County Federal Credit Union at 906-663-4011
- Prize must be claimed within 60 days
- The earliest time money can be awarded is Wednesday, July 5. No exceptions
- Winning name will be released as soon as possible after the winning check is awarded
Past 50/50 Winning Prizes
Over the past 30 years of the 50/50 raffle $504,028 has been awarded! That is an average prize of $16,800.
- 2021 – $42,371
- 2021 – $44,254
- 2020 – N/A
- 2019 – $36,996
- 2018 -$34,681
- 2017 – $34,861
- 2016 – $33,490
- 2015 – $30,494
- 2014 – $28,338
- 2013 – $25,424
- 2012 – $23,253
- 2011 – $25,987
- 2010 – $22,542
- 2009 – $18,345
- 2008 – $15,460 (Unclaimed and donated to St. Vincent DePaul, Bessemer Booster Club, Washington PTO, Gogebic County 4-H)
- 2007 – $14,636
- 2006 – $14,685
- 2005 – $13,190
- 2004 – $11,105
- 2003 – $12,713
- 2002 – $12,283
- 2001 – $12,120
- 2000 – $12,013
- 1999 – $9,870
- 1998 – $10,133
- 1997 – $10,433
- 1996 – $8,964
- 1995 – $7,841
- 1994 – $7,621
- 1993 – $5,527
- 1992 – $4,505
- 1991 – $3,804
- 1990 – $2,714
Contact Bessemer VFW 906-667-0812
Bessemer Blast will hold it’s annual Tree of Honor Lighting Ceremony on June 28th in the Pocket Park on Sophie Street next to Abelman’s. (Lawn chairs are welcomed)
The Tree of Honor recognizes and honors our military past and present who have served our country so honorably. A brochure will be available at the ceremony and a plaque will be on display with all of the names. A tree will be lit with red, white, and blue lights honoring these individuals and will remain lit throughout the Bessemer Blast Festivities.
You may purchase a light for $5.00 to honor your loved ones. Fill out the online form below and pay via PayPal or with a credit card or download a PDF form to print and mail in your submission or drop off at General Insurance in Bessemer.
Deadline for registration is June 20.
For more information contact Ginny at 906-663-6006
Sorry, the deadline has passed to register for the Tree of Honor