All carvings will be sold
Contact Linda 906.364.0154
Contact Gail Sampson 906 364-2272
Join the fun in the Geocache Dash! Follow the clues and find caches around Bessemer.
OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES
TO PLAY THE BESSEMER GEOCACHE DASH:
- Enter the co-ordinates for the geocaches (listed during “Bessemer Blast”) into a GPS tracking unit
OR TRY JUST USING THE CLUES
- Find the container (geocache) hidden at or near the co-ordinates given
- PLEASE try not to damage the hiding spot or give the spot away to others
- Take only ONE drawing entry card per player from each geocache
- REHIDE the container JUST AS YOU FOUND IT – for the next player to find.
- DO NOT move the container.
- Fill out contact info on the back of each entry card
- Return entry cards to the drawing box at:
Bessemer Dairy Queen BY 2:00 PM CDT on July 4th
A Drawing for prizes donated by local businesses will be held. Winners will be contacted and arrangements will be made for prize pick up/delivery.
WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED
- ONLY ONE entry card per person per geocache is allowed. Multiples are disqualified.
- Entry card must be filled out by each player entering the drawing.
- NO gathering or submitting entry cards for others. (it lessens YOUR chances of winning!)
PLEASE REPORT missing or empty geocaches immediately to
SCOTT POSPECK (906) 663-2018
Check out geocaching.com for more info on geocaching WORLDWIDE!
50/50 Ticket sales start June 25 and run until July 4 at 7pm when the parade starts.
To purchase 50/50 tickets look around Bessemer for 50/50 ticket sellers in the red shirts or stop by the tent in Bessemer VFW Lot on US2. Tickets are sold for $1 and the prize is split with 50% going to a winner and the other 50% supporting the Bessemer 4th of July.
- June 25 – July 4 7:00PM
- 7:15PM July 4
Winning Numbers Will Be Announced in the Following Places:
- Last Float in the Parade
- On the website bessemer4th.com by the following day
- Bessemer 4th of July Facebook
- Bessemer 4th of July Mobile App
- Ironwood Daily Globe & Wakefield News/Bessemer Pick & Axe
- Local Business Billboards
To Claim Prize:
- Call Mark at 906-364-0420 or the Gogebic County Federal Credit Union at 906-663-4011
- Prize must be claimed within 60 days
- The earliest time money can be awarded is Wednesday, July 5. No exceptions
- Winning name will be released as soon as possible after the winning check is awarded
Past 50/50 Winning Prizes
Over the past 30 years of the 50/50 raffle $504,028 has been awarded! That is an average prize of $16,800.
- 2021 – $42,371
- 2021 – $44,254
- 2020 – N/A
- 2019 – $36,996
- 2018 -$34,681
- 2017 – $34,861
- 2016 – $33,490
- 2015 – $30,494
- 2014 – $28,338
- 2013 – $25,424
- 2012 – $23,253
- 2011 – $25,987
- 2010 – $22,542
- 2009 – $18,345
- 2008 – $15,460 (Unclaimed and donated to St. Vincent DePaul, Bessemer Booster Club, Washington PTO, Gogebic County 4-H)
- 2007 – $14,636
- 2006 – $14,685
- 2005 – $13,190
- 2004 – $11,105
- 2003 – $12,713
- 2002 – $12,283
- 2001 – $12,120
- 2000 – $12,013
- 1999 – $9,870
- 1998 – $10,133
- 1997 – $10,433
- 1996 – $8,964
- 1995 – $7,841
- 1994 – $7,621
- 1993 – $5,527
- 1992 – $4,505
- 1991 – $3,804
- 1990 – $2,714
Get together for the sendoff to the 4th of July festivities in Bessemer at the Thunder on the Mountain Fireworks Display. Bessemer Volunteer Firefighters will be shooting fireworks off from the Bluff in Bluff Valley Park to onlookers gathered in Massie Field, home of the Bessemer Speedboys and Speedgirls. Ground displays at the field will also delight young and old. Bring all of the family down from young to old to finish off your 4th of July with a bang!
Contact Neal 906-663-4549
Last Float in the Parade
Contact Mark 906-364-0420
Pack the streets of Bessemer for the biggest 4th of July parade around! Come listen to bands, see performers, honor our country and stand for the color guard, see floats from local organizations and businesses, and have a good time with family and friends.
The parade starts at 7:00pm.
Prior to the parade, there will be entertainment on the parade route by the Bessemer High School Band, a dance showcase at the corner of Sophie and Mary Streets by BAHS Dance Studio and the Memory Lane Car Cruise put on by the local Klassic Kruisers car club.
Judges’ Platform is located at the intersection of Sophie and Mary Streets. To find more information on registering for the parade, visit this page.
For more info contact Randy 906-285-3567
Registration at Bessemer VFW
Line up Galena Street