2016 Bessemer Blast
3 on 3 Basketball Tournament Rules of Play
- Each game will be to 21 points or a maximum time limit of 15 minutes. The team must win by only one point.
- Teams score by either regular 2- point baskets or by 3-point shots taken from outside the 3- point circle.
- First possession will be determined by a coin toss.
- After a basket has been scored or a foul called, player must put the ball in play from a line past the three point line above the foul key.
- All held balls will be put into play behind the 3-point line with possession given alternately to each team.
- On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the 3- point line before a basket may be attempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball before shooting.
- Any player may convert an offensive rebound.
- After a basket, the team scored upon will put the ball in play.
- Fouls will be called by an official or team members. A foul called in the act of shooting will result in two or three free throw attempts, depending on whether the foul occurred inside or outside of the 3-point line. Non-shooting fouls will result in change of possession.
- The clock will not be stopped during the game unless an injury occurs.
- The three second free throw lane rule will apply to all offensive players.
- Substitutions may be made after a basket or an out of bounds play.
- There are no time outs.
- If the game ends in a tee after regulation time there will be a two minute overtime period. Possession will be determined by a coin toss. Ties at the end of any overtime period will result in successive one-minute periods unless the tee has been broken, with possession alternating each overtime period.
- Any grievances will be decided by tournament officials.